Major Service, commonly known as annual service, includes replacing all of the bowl gaskets as well as all of the drive bearings, seals and gaskets. Here is a list of what all is included in a major service performed by SJS Machinery.
What's included in a major service?
- We inspect all major bowl parts for wear and damage.
- Check all fits during disassembly and assembly.
- Check the disc pressure.
- Check all frame and gear parts.
- Check the motor for noise or vibration.
- Replace all bearings, seals and gaskets.
- Change lubrication oil.
- Replace all bowl gaskets.
- Test run the unit on water after the service.
- If possible, we like to test run the unit on product.
- Check all starter and timing unit functions.
How do I set up major centrifuge service?Give us a call at (863) 285-7993 to discuss scheduling your centrifuge for service. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.
How often should I schedule my centrifuge for a major service?We recommend major service once a year to ensure that your centrifuge stays in good working order and that all parts are in good condition.
How do I get parts that are used for a major service?Parts needed for the service are quoted to you ahead of time. Once you issue a Purchase Order the parts are shipped to you ahead of time so that they are on site and ready for our Service Technician. There are a few major components that do not get replaced unless necessary, those parts are quoted "as needed". If we suspect that it might be time to change one of these components we will ship it with the rest of the rebuild parts. We like to have them on hand in the chance that they are needed. This prevents delays in waiting for a replacement if we discover one is needed on site. If the parts are not needed, you can ship them back to our shop and you won't be charged for them.